For more than 25 years, Communities In Schools has helped students choose success by ensuring their access to the “Five Basics:”
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community
Each year, more than 2 million young people in 28 states have access to service through Communities In Schools.
The mission of Communities In Schools of Southeast Texas is to surround students with a community of support empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
The vision of CISSET is to develop public/private partnerships to assist the educational system in keeping students in school through direct involvement with the student and the student’s family. The goal is to meet the individual needs of students by working closely in a coordinated and collaborative effort with school personnel, parents, families, volunteers, businesses, and social service agencies.